Monday, 27 March 2017

The Konjac Sponge


I have been meaning to write about this product for a long time. I was kindly sent a Konjac Facial Sponge a couple of months back but when I moved house it ended up a box I didn't unpack until very recently. Lets breeze past the length of time it took me to unpack and talk about this weird and wonderful sponge, The Konjac Sponge.
The Konjac Sponge is a natural and vegan cleansing sponge that lightly exfoliates and cleanses your skin. The word Konjac comes from a plant based in Asia, which is actually a potato. This plant is mixed into the sponge, crazy, huh? The sponge is non toxic, packed with minerals and antioxidants and isn't tested on animals. Ticking all the boxes for a good product.

To me, skincare is really important. When you say 'base product' you automatically think of a primer for your make up. A primer may be considered a base product, but actually every piece of skincare you use is your base product. In my opinion having healthy and hydrated skin means your make up looks smoother, better and is far easier to apply. Which is why I put a lot of effort into my skincare and really consider what I am using on my skin.


The sponge I've been using is the French Pink Clay one, which is for tired and devitalised skin (the definition of my skin right now). There are many other options and the other appealing types to me are Green Tea Powder and Red French Clay, which helps with Eczema and could potentially help my Psoriasis prone face. There are so many options and something for every skin type.

The sponge itself, as I said, is weird and wonderful. It's a rough, hard sponge that changes texture as soon as it hits water. It turns into what can only be described as jelly, it's the oddest transformation of a product I've ever experienced.

How I use it:
  •  Using the sponge on my face, I rotate in circular motions to lightly exfoliate and cleanse.
  •  I sometimes opt to use a cleansing product with the sponge but not always.
  • Once every few days for a deeper exfoliation I put a bit of exfoliating product on my skin so that I can move the exfoliating beads around. 
  • After rinsing the sponge of product, I use it product-less wipe my face clean. 
  • There's a tiny string attached to the sponge so that once you're done, you can hang it to dry. 
  • It then reverts back to it's original texture, ready for your next use.
My skin feels far more clean after using this sponge than it does in comparison to a flannel or muslin cloth, so much so that I don't even reach for those alternatives anymore when it comes the cleansing step in my skincare routine. Saying that, I do use a cloth to remove my eye make up with make up remover, as the sponge isn't made for removing liquid eyeliner.

My skin has been through a really bad patch of dehydration and spots from stress over the last couple of months but it's finally starting to recover. This sponge has definitely assisted in the last few weeks as my skin is feeling softer and more plump. I love that fact the Konjac Sponges are free from chemicals, coloring and additives because my sensitive skin disagrees with products packed with alot of rubbish. The more natural a product the better for my skin.

I love discovering new products and I can't thank The Konjac Sponge Company for bringing their sponges into my skincare routine. It's a keeper.


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This sounds kind of weird but also kind of amazing. I think I want to try one! Have you heard about people using eggs to put on their makeup?! That sounds even weirder.


    Rachel x
    The Inelegant Wench

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig